View Single Post
Old 05-04-17, 10:15 AM   #913
Harm
Seaman

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Hi Peter,

unfortunately I do not know it. My Lenovo T520 has only a resolution of 1600x900 and the creators update can not be installed, the installation breaks with an error message. Ahnenerbes widescreen can be installed, but the compass is only a quarter on the screen.

But there is good news. Hauptmann from the LSH3 team has found a solution.

Here is his post from the forum of designmodproject.de

"Hi, Sorry for the english below...

First, keep in mind Windows Creators is still in beta/Developer preview. So your graphic driver is not probably up-to-date... at least from a Microsoft Point-of-view... Yet, some Manufacturers may provide an update for that upcoming upgrade. But given such updates from the manufacturer may not be fully certified/tested for build 1703, It should be best (for the time being) to rely on Microsoft graphic driver instead of the one from the manufacturer. Here how:

Procedure to upgrade manually the graphic driver issued by Microsoft:

1- go to "Control Panel" - "All Control Panel Items" - "Administrative Tools"
2- right-click on "Computer Management" and select "Run as Administrator"
3- You will see in the tree-view "Device Manager", click on it
4- In the tree-view select "Display Adapters", your graphic card should be listed under it.
5- Right-Click your graphic card and in the menu, select "Update Driver Software..."
6- A Dialog is displayed. Select "Search automatically for Updated Driver Software"
7- "Searching Online for software..."is displayed for a while with a progress bar
8- Windows may find a better driver than the one you had before your Win 10 upgrade.
9- Reboot the computer!
10- relaunch LSH3 with only the main mode and WS-GUI mod.
11- if the game starts to main menu screen all works fine

I have two (2) machines: First machine (ALPHA) with an AMD Radeon 290 R2 Graphic card, the second machine (BRAVO) has an Nvidia 750i graphic card + embedded Intel graphics card 4006.

RESULTS:
Both machines are running LSH3 V15 in WIDESCREEN (both WS-GUI and WS-OLC Flavours tested )

I got the blackScreen with the Nvidia card, which I solved with the procedure outlined before. Unlike many I'm also always going through "New Career", which write fresh config files under "My Documents" folder.

Note: d3d9.dll and d3d9.ini files are OK. They are not the cause of the black screen.

Cheers

Hauptmann"

A user from designmodprojekt has found out that following drivers for nvidia solved the problem.

378.92 20.3.2017
376.33 14.12.2017
352.63 29.4.2015

If you have a driver with 38x installed, you must downgrade to solve the problem.

As soon as I know something about the AMD drivers, I post it.

Harm
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote