View Single Post
Old 03-05-17, 03:48 PM   #7043
aiknx999
Swabbie

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Hey guys. I've been playing around with latest version of GWX for a while and I noticed some annoying inconsistencies with convoy battles. First of all, not unlike lone ships, they don't even move in a predictable fashion. If you receive a contact update from BdU with position and heading of a lone ship, it's still quite easy to intercept it even from a long distance. Completely different story with convoys - BdU gave me a completely wrong direction of it. When I did find it with some trial and error, I noticed that it did a random course change every few hours or so, that made it extremely difficult to get close for shooting.
Another thing - detection by destroyers and merchant ships. My battle happened at a relatively light autumn night of 1939, so no radars for anyone. At one point I got as close as 200 m to a merchant column without getting spotted, I saved there and after reloading all the merchants around were pointing their spotlights at me. After loading another save and experimenting a bit, I found that the safe distance was around 700 m for merchants and 1500 m for destroyers. So what's the problem? Turns out another destroyer moving at the front of the convoy can easily spot me from around 3500-4000 m for no reason.
Anyway, I find this AI behavior to be really annoying. This whole battle was an inconsistent mess with random convoy movement and detection distances. Am I doing something wrong perhaps?? Also, do other mega-mods (NYGM, LSH3) fix this behavior? Thanks in advance
aiknx999 is offline   Reply With Quote