View Single Post
Old 12-14-10, 05:53 PM   #16
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike View Post
You can do that right now. This is the easy way. Take the mission file in the editor with the facility you want. Delete everything else and save it as a new mission. Now open it up in a text editor and cut and paste it in to another mission file. Now move it in the mission editor to where you want it. It also helps to make a "base map" of a critical area like I did with the Straits of Hormuz.
...Which works great until you need to move the map a little bit over in x direction. I'm also thinking on a smaller scale, too. Like just being able to add an airport, SAM site, or power plant with multiple discrete facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
I like a good story, plausible storyline: (note, designed to play as both sides)
  • Korean War Part II: War escalates and China intervenes (surprise, surprise).
  • China reunification with Taiwan (by force). I drafted up a 12 mission campaign for DW, that included the opening moves of the invasion, including an attack on the US. To keep us in our place, so to speak.
  • Chinese economic collapse from too much competition in the region. China levels the playing field and attacks Japan and South Korea.
  • Iran moves to cripple the US by shutting down the Middle East oil sea lanes. Russia sides with Iran in a defense pact.
  • Pakistan switches teams in the War on Terror. India sides with US.
  • India-China conflict over resources?
If we get a persistent campaign engine, I'll be happy to write those campaigns!