View Single Post
Old 12-03-17, 10:36 AM   #9375
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Sinclair View Post
But doesn't it rain havok on the renown system?
It will most definitely...If you don't use Real Navigation and You are not sure which units should not be engaged, make a good use of "Map Contact Colors" addon for TWoS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckenberg View Post
Hello
I was just in May 1941 and just at my submarine in the battle of the convoy thrown by the deep charges American destroyer. Is this OK or is it a bug?
Quote:
Attacks by the U.S. military

The first American hostile action against Axis forces was on 10 April 1941, when the destroyer USS Niblack attacked a German U-boat that had just sunk a Dutch freighter. USS Niblack was picking up survivors of the freighter when it detected a U-boat preparing to attack. The Niblack attacked with depth charges and drove off the U-boat. There were no casualties on board USS Niblack or the U-boat. By coincidence, USS Niblack was later in the same convoy as USS Reuben James when that ship was sunk, and picked up survivors from USS Reuben James.
The first American hostile action against Axis forces that resulted in physical destruction was on 14 September 1941, when USCGC Northland destroyed a German weather station in northeast Greenland. The action was based on an agreement with Danish Ambassador to the United States Henrik Kauffmann in April 1941 to patrol the Danish island.[11]
The first American-caused casualties occurred on 7 December 1941 when the USS Ward attacked and sank a Japanese midget submarine near the entrance to Pearl Harbor prior to the commencement of the Japanese air attack upon Hawaii later that day. As a result of the attack on Hawaii, America declared war on Japan on 8 December 1941. Germany and Italy declared war on the United States three days later.
The first planned offensive action by the United States in World War II came in January 1942 when the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise attacked Japanese bases in the Marshall Islands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...n_Pearl_Harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner von Schmidt View Post
vdr1981,
since I know you're very dedicated to realism I have an advice — German u-boats didn't attach the life belts at the conning tower during patrols at all. Exceptions were departure or refill at open sea in bad conditions. Maybe it's easy to delete it, but probably not.

Keep up your excellent work.

Werner.
Everything regarding gr2 format editing is very difficult and time consuming since we are lacking proper tools...Very few people know how to do this and unfortunately I can not say that I'm one of them...

Last edited by vdr1981; 12-03-17 at 10:50 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote