Old 01-12-19, 08:38 PM   #7137
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

As for dive times, ........
but I've been "practicing" dives with my crew as we're on the way out, and their times seem to improve the more we do it... dunno. Kind of like you have the crew using the deck gun on a sampan, and they can't hit it for nothing. Go to the deck gun, shoot a few shots yourself - using the range you obtained from the TBT, of course. Hit it a few times, then give it back, and magically, the crew will start hitting it. Of course, don't accidentally "target" a friendly with your binocs afterwards, 'cause they'll hit it on the first shot...
Just make sure to wait 5 minutes between dives (simulating low pressure blow?) to obtain an accurate stop watch dive time. If you just surface and simply wait for your watch crew to populate the bridge and then dive again, the boat just plunges down quickly. The boat isn't really surfaced. It has "surfaced" but hasn't yet completed the low pressure blow. Watch and see how long it takes for the boat to rise from 20 feet to 18 feet.

I'm not unhappy with my dive times, it just seems that the boat gets "stuck" too long at 22 feet on the dive from 18 feet (Balao Class)

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote