View Single Post
Old 01-31-18, 03:48 AM   #3
Winjer
Swabbie

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

A thought on this, trying to log mileage is difficult (shame there is no log on the boat) due to the inaccuracy of the knot meter (i.e. is that 4.5 or 4.25? i have dropped the scale on mine a bit to try to make it easier to read), the desire (for me at least) to use a reasonable bit of time compression, and variability in speeds - eg, you are trucking along at 8.5 knots, you dive for some reason - and come back up. You charge your battery, your speed drops, and, unless you wait on low compression until the battery is back up (or you don't charge it) you have a change in speed which is a bit difficult to account for.

But - would it not be possible to just keep track of your original time? If, when you saved the game, you made a note of the time (possibly by using it in the filename), you would know the difference between the two, and hence keep your own clock.

I have a bit of a problem with sextant - it works wonderfully, except if you are north of 60 degrees, at which point it is off the top of the screen, and hence you can't keep the bottom of the screen aligned with the horizon, and you can't see polaris.