Old 05-10-16, 09:19 PM   #11
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
That's usually how you do it.

Just remember to completely exit the game before returning to the desktop to add/remove mods.

Not a bad idea. For those that reinstall the game files, the SH4 folder should always be deleted too!

Also, remember to not replay a saved game point after switching out, or adding a mod. I know there's an urge for a player to see what's different when adding/removing mods with a particular mission situation that's been saved, but don't replay it after making changes to the game files. You're just asking for trouble.
Thank you very much for your kind advice, CapnScurvy.

Now the problem has been solved! But I found something strange:

Firstly, I deleted the SH4 folder and start a new career, in the first patrol everything went right. I got every ship i sunk list in my final report.

Then, since this is just a "testing" patrol and i wasted many torpedoes, I decided to start a second campaign. However, this time, that bad thing happened again, i lost my sinking credit.

At last, I thought there was still something wrong with the mods, so i disabled these 3 mods (Because i think they adding new *.dat files to the game, that might be the reason):

#4 PE4 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
TMO2_fix_for_TDW_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4

After that, the game worked well again, no more bugs occurred and i have finished 2 patrols with the full sinking credit.

This time i used "Ralles RealModSoup for TMO_RSRDC_OTC", a wonderful combination of many good mods. But this one also contains a new *.dat file which comes from the "TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4" . i don't understand exactly what happened...How do you think about the mechanism of these *.dat files affecting the game ?

--------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
I've seen it happen under both Vista and Win7.

I think I need to just start a new campaign and try this.
Hi, razark. i hope this will help you with your new campaign. Try to delete the "Water_Disturbance"

Last edited by flaminus; 05-13-16 at 12:58 AM.
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote