View Single Post
Old 04-15-07, 02:50 PM   #15
rknhorse
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hello Fello SH4 Sh3 Mission makers.I would like to suggest recommend a standard Mission Creators Procedure to make it easier for the mission users to download and add to there mission database:

first off I think it would be easier if we used a standardized mission name, file name,
this would require that there be a mission list administrator to keep the numbering system in order and to insure all required files are included in the mission files.. why do we need a standard numbering and file system (even the files themselves are sometimes based on the mission number (example: MP13 TokyoHarbor.tsr
file includes the following notice the Mission Title its nice to see all the same. more importantly look at the Objectives (MP13_Obj01 and 02)

---------------------MP13 TokyoHarbor.tsr-----------------
[Text]
RallyPoint=Job Well done!
MissionBriefing=Date: 1/1944|Time:07:30|Place: Tokyo Bay|Weather: Good|Equipment: Gato Class||||Sneak into Tokyo Bay and wreak as much hovac as possible.||You must get safely back out to rally point.
MissionTitle=TokyoHarbor|
SinkTonnage=You've done enough damage. Exit harbour to rally point.
MP13_Obj01=MP13_Obj01
MP13_Obj02=MP13_Obj02
------------------------end-MP13 TokyoHarbor.tsr-------------------

now if we could use a flag or variable such as %a %1 to use in these files the mission numbers may not be important but It looks like they are. Besides that assigned mission numbers would make it so much easier to install the missions (or maybe JSGME can add on the fly missions to the MOD gui)
It is my believe that if when you are playing a multimission that if all players have the same mission installed on there systems (exactly the same mission same name, same folder, no modifications the mission would not have to be uploaded to the multimission players computer and would therefore run faster and with less disconnections)
I am pretty sure that this is the way it works and would make the game more reliable so this in itself I think would cause us all to apply and abide by a Standard Set of rules/procedures for mission creation and distribution ( maybe even include a file saying this is a BFG certified mission file so peeps have a warm fuzzy feeling about the missions they download BFGcertifiedMP01.txt, BFGcertifiedMP02.txt something like that something simple yet effective.. Something that we can do for missions that JSGME does for Mods

MultiPLAYER missions
---------------------------

MP09 StormySeas.zip <<<-- zip,7z, Rar
archive should include all of the following files and all should be named using the archives name:
MP09 StormySeas.mis
MP09 StormySeas.tsr
MP09 StormySeasReadMe.txt
MP09 StormySeas.tga

the underscores_ should be Blank spaces, and spaces kept to a minimum (SM01 BattleOfMidway.mis) vice (SM01 Battle of Midway.mis) if mission is a newer version please use SM01 BattleOfMidway1.mis, SM01 BattleOfMidway2.mis, SM01 BattleOfMidwayA.mis, SM01 BattleOfMidwayB.mis.. please no V1.01a, V11.003.1a just to keep it as simple as possible.. even with 32bit windows features eventually you will run out of the file name limit of characters V101 would be ok just try and limit . and - and _

SinglePLAYER missions

SM01 Battle of Midway.zip

SM01 Battle of Midway.mis
SM01 Battle of Midway.tsr
SM01 Battle of MidwayReadMe.txt
SM01 Battle of Midway.tga

SM01 BattleOfMidway.mis

Adversarial missions

ADV01 Tokyo-Saipan Convoy.zip
ADV01 Tokyo-Saipan Convoy.mis
ADV01 Tokyo-Saipan Convoy.tsr
ADV01 Tokyo-Saipan ConvoyReadMe.txt
ADV01 Tokyo-Saipan Convoy.tga
ADV01 Tokyo-Saipan Convoy.BFG <<--- a text file with something like this

------------------ADV01 Tokyo-Saipan Convoy.BFG-------------------------

This SH4 Multiplayer Mission, Adversarial Mission, Singleplayer Mission has been verified by the BFG administrator and has been assigned mission # (ADV01). Have fun with your fello skippers!

----------------END------ADV01 Tokyo-Saipan Convoy.BFG-----------------

ok tried to make this quick just in case there is no concern about the nomenclature of the files and I am spinning my wheels..

Rknhorse (SS qualified) (SSN) (SSBN) (ANAV)

Ahead Flank Make your Depth **CLASSIFIED** feet smartly!!!

Last edited by rknhorse; 04-19-07 at 07:23 PM.
rknhorse is offline   Reply With Quote