View Single Post
Old 05-28-16, 04:32 PM   #27
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
Cdrsubron7, the FOTRS download here, on Subsim, is v1.3. The download title is misleading. I downloaded it from here and it runs fine.

Bleiente, the screenshots posted in your mod soup are maybe the most beautiful I've seen. Sincerely. Maybe you could use your talent and create a similar FOTRS soup!

Rockin, I've got good news and bad news.

The good is that Maddy has a lot of test missions so I was able to test all the sounds of v2.0, including planes. I confirm that everything works in 1.3 the same as 2.0 except the extended crew responces. I have no idea how to get these to run. They're the same as TMOv2.5.

The bad is that the ghost of ticking sound haunts me again. I located where the problem is. The creaking sounds when underwater. With v2.o sounds running, the program tries to play a creaking sound every 2-3 seconds, making the game unplayable. I've tested everything on my desktop and my wife's laptop with the same results. In v1.3, it was a repeating ticking sound.
Now its worst.

Does anyone else experience this situation?
For example, get a Gato, dive rapidly to 420 feet, stay there for a minute or so, get to perscope depth. Repeat the process. In real time of course. Do you hear a sound repeating every 2-3 seconds? Are the creaking sounds playing?
Give me some feedback, please.

I will report back with an answer for you a little later on this evening after I've installed FOTRS and given it a trail run.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote