View Single Post
Old 07-30-09, 08:05 AM   #32
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Downloads: 323
Uploads: 0
Default Playable S-BOOT 1.7 for GWX 3.0

Thanks, LK. Re: Warspite sinking -- an early career boost...probably a once-in-a-career opportunity as well.

I'm happy to report that my "hull pressure death" issue seems to be fixed by setting the wave height to standard (1.0x) in SH3 Cmdr. -- many thanks!

And yes - you warned me not to set a patrol grid in playable s-boot, I know. But I did and it totally screwed up my SH3 cmder files on my next patrol...luckily, it corrected itself when I finished the mission and reset itself to grid 0. So, for anyone else who is reading this post: DO NOT SET A PATROL GRID!

Re: 1.7 S-BOOT emblems -- Asanovic7's two latest downloads are "SBMOD17" and "rcbsh4effectssboot17" -- there is nothing in the read-me text files for either of these downloads that says anything about how to custom build s-boot emblems for playable s-boot v1.7...just the emblem example and template (in SBMOD17) -- but no instructions that I can see. Perhaps you could cut, paste and post them to the thread -- that would be great.

Also, I enabled Mikhayl's awesome-looking Luftwaffe Buoys but the scripted campaign file in SH3 Editor wants to overwrite the Scr.mis file I enabled for VonDos ships (which are now scripted into my campaign) -- is there anyway around this? I'd like to script the LBs but not at the expense of losing my scripted VonDos ship routes. BTW, what does scripting the LBs do? Create downed pilot rescue scenarios? (that would be cool!) or are the buoys just eye candy in the game?

Easy_Eight65

"You may fire when ready, Gridley." --Commodore George Dewey
Easy_Eight65 is offline   Reply With Quote