View Single Post
Old 07-28-09, 12:51 AM   #25
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy_Eight65 View Post
Per your request, I'm posting some in-game issues I have experienced -- hope these can be resolved easily -- otherwise having a blast with this excellent mod!

Easy_Eight65

Issues:

1. Unable to update my SH3Cmder Personnel File - getting error pop-up: "invalid argument to date encode" (not using realistic crew options or randomised events per your instructions)

2. CTD when starting career In Kiel, 1st Flotilla (1939). Also CTD when starting a career In Helgoland, 2nd Flotilla (1940). *Finally able to successfully start my current career in Cherbourg, 4th Flotilla (1941)...which is too bad because I reallly wanted to try out the early S-class boats (i.e. the S-7) that are no longer available in 1941.

3. "Next Patrol Grid" is always set to '0' (zero) in the SH3Cmder launch screen. Are there orders that are specially scripted for s-boot campaigns? If so, they are failing to load in my SH3Cmder. Am I supposed to manually choose a grid?

4. I consistently get killed due to "hull pressure" when transiting rough, choppy seas (even with crew in Damage Control). Is this a bug? If so, is there a fix for it? I haven't seen anything in the forums about this issue -- somewhat frustrating since the real s-boots were designed to hold up easily in these extreme sea states.

5. No matter what emblem I select at the in-base upgrade screen, the image consistently appears extremely enlarged and fractured in-game -- rendered and divided into large pieces on the starboard, port and stern of the s-boot.

6. Last, a somewhat subjective question: taste and mod preference differ from player to player, I know...but would you (or anyone) mind posting some sound, graphic and gameplay mods that you feel would enhance or compliment v1.7 playable s-boot mod experience in GWX 3.0? A short list of "don't enable" mods would be helpful too in order to clarify which tweaks, mod fixes, etc. are out-dated and no longer compatible with the most current version of Playable S-boot.
Hi Easy_Eight65
I have not played with the mod yet, but i know how to fix some of your issues.

1- i dont know...i never used sh3 cmdr with s-boot
2-I still have to play with the mod because of game crashes Asanovic is trying to fix the problems. but I hope that early boats could be chosen also in the late years! I love early boats too!
3-S-boot mod uses a different patrol system. Don't set any patrol grid!
4--Asanovic must have already fixed this issue also in prevous releases...do you use something like sh3 cmdr options for double waves or a olc mod not supported by s-boot?
5-If you want a emblem, do it yourself following Asanovic's instructions for doing that (first post of the thread). DO NOT use already existing emblems They don't work. again this is explained in the first page of the thread.
happy hunting

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote