View Single Post
Old 08-31-16, 07:02 PM   #612
Pomf666
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Been getting tired of GWX (but not SH3 itself still), looking to give LSH another try after my previous attempts.

Maybe I would be able to get into this great looking mod if some of the biggest issues I have with it have some type of resolutions:

1) Extremely, extremely, long load times, both for booting up and loading a mission (as well as loading save)

This really is the biggest issue that prevents me from playing this supermod.

Is there any fix or solution to this?

I run win7 64 bit, 16gb ram, gtx970 (soon to be gtx1070 in a few days), i5 cpu

I grew up on a c64, so I know how to deal with long load times, but I swear these load times are longer than anything even the longest loading c64 games. It is easily 5 to 7 minutes per load, sometimes seems closer to 10 minutes.

Other secondary issues:

2) AI for enemy destroyers hunting you is extremely poor (even with extended challenge on)

This I could even just deal with without any solutions as long as the load times disappear or lessen at least and just simply enjoy LSH for its extreme immersive feeling, which in that department it highly excels...which is all the more reason it is so sad that these other 2 issues plaque the supermod.

Anyways, sorry if I come off as a dick with this post or seem entitled. I really want to enjoy LSH, but these issues are preventing to from being able to, despite all the potential and work I can clearly see went into this supermod.

So, any tips, tricks, information, solutions, advice, etc would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Danke
Pomf666 is offline   Reply With Quote