View Single Post
Old 01-27-17, 09:18 AM   #32
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Well it looks like my Win 10 system is totally stuffed so have to get that sorted sometime.
I am trying to install UBUNTU Linux but since there are no books around I am having problems installing this!!!
The following screen comes up but don't know where to go from here:

I tried each one but nowhere does it show drive C, D, or E, just a lot of mumbo jumbo, I think it is referring to the two 1Tb drives nothing about D at all.
Pressing the first option shows:

This is not the sizes if C and D, and why would I slide the divider??? (I'm having a melt down)
I am trying to install it on D does anyone know how or can offer some advice please?

I installed 2 Linux based operating systems alongside windows. Linux had an installed boot loader as well. That's 3 operating systems. I loaded them as a test bed to evaluate them. The Linux based systems will format and partition the hard drive upon initial loading If you want it to. ( That's what your screen is ) After installation, I was prompted to boot into the OS of my choice at the initial turn on and boot up phase. The Operating Systems all worked fine.

2 days later, I had some free time so turned on the computer only to discover that Windows had corrupted the 2 versions of Linux I had loaded only 2 days before. That's something to keep in mind. For this reason, I don't recommend running Linux or it's derivatives with any version of Windows on the same drive.

When loading them, keep in mind the recovery partition as well. When I installed everything, it was essentially a fresh install on a new and expansive drive. 2tb worth. 2Tb or more will enable you to partition and have ample space for your programs.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-27-17 at 09:43 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote