Thread: Chernobyl
View Single Post
Old 06-23-19, 08:08 AM   #44
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

"The true story of Chernobyl". Report about how things unfolded around Chernobyl after the explosion.
It is in german, and no other subtitles abvailable; if anyone finds an english version ? Will also look for it myself.

Much worse than i expected even now. People in Germany were not informed properly, some rumours, schools closed, scholars sent back home, but no real information. I had no idea that so much people died, already that early.

And Russia? After two days the russian Politbureau was informed by Sweden about the 'incident', because of abnormally high radioacivity readings at the swedish Forsmark reactor, 1200 km from Chernobyl. It seems no one had told the Politbureau, all they heard from the scientists via KGB that the "situation is under control", "reactor will be online again soon". So no official coordinated action for a too long time.

The 'liquidators' shoveling radioactive debris from the roof in the film, were exposed to 10-12,000 Roentgen per hour, and they only managed to bring down the overall radiation by 35 percent.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 06-23-19 at 02:25 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote