vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I was born in a cross-fire hurricane

Great choice... ...

Reminded me of a scene fron the Whoopi Goldberg film, Jumpin' Jack Flash, where she thinks the song may be a clue to deciphering a coded message:

Hard to believe, but the song is now a half-century old, having been released in 1968. I remember buying the single here in LA at a Sears store that somehow managed to have the single on sale before the usual outlets. The clip below is a pre-MTV promo clip released by the Stones. The Beatles and the Stones, both, had ceased to tour after about 1966 and both relied on filmed performances to promote their releases. This performance has the Stones miming to a previously recorded live track; there are at least two, and perhaps three, separate versions of this promo and this one has the Stones all made-up; another version is the same setting, but without the make-up and appears to be actually a live performance. The first time I saw this any version of this clip clip was back in 1970 when a rock music compilation film titled Popcorn included the live clip...

An update on the "Barry Manilow as Layabout Repellent" situation I posted before: The pharmacy is still using the dreaded Power of The Manilow to keep away the transients, etc., and it seems to be working very well. About a week ago, I went down there to pick up a script and found the store, normally open 24 hours a day was temporarily closed due to some staff meeting going on; the security guard said they were expected to reopen shortly so I decided to wait. I had my old Sony Walkman radio with me, so I put in the earphones and blocked out the Manlow. The next several minutes were very amusing: several other customers came up to the closed doors, waited for a couple of minutes, and, with a glance up at the offending audio speakers, left quickly...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 05-22-18 at 02:50 PM.