View Single Post
Old 03-27-12, 08:11 PM   #3277
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334
Uploads: 0

I love the torpedo failure mode.

After some testing, I finally started a new career out of St Nazaire in 9/40 with the patch enabled. Set up a perfect shot north of Scotland using impact pistols on a medium freighter. Weather was stormy with 13 m/s winds. Sure enough, both eels go under the target(I use external camera for eye candy purposes).

I love the fact that there is no more mindless setting of the torpedo depth. Now there are other factors to consider in making a torpedo attack.

Later I ran across a coastal tanker. Once I id'd the target, I decided to pass on the shot due to the high seas. It was not worth a eel and I couldn't gun it under due to the high seas.

Any mod that makes you think and act like a real submarine commander is a huge plus.

Keep up the good work h.sie. I'm looking forward to experiencing other aspects of your patch.

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote