View Single Post
Old 11-18-17, 03:15 AM   #8
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgard View Post
Nope, ain't seeing it. BUT, I do get to yell at the OOD for not detecting them.

**That happens with me also, especially with the realism mod. It's annoying sometimes but does add a degree of authenticity to the whole thing. Sometimes your guys will just miss something and **boom**.

Is there a spot to increase the amount of reactory aircraft? Did my settings get nerfed?

**I'm not sure if your settings got boshed, but I'm pretty sure you can go into the mission or campaign settings and adjust the amount of helos and/or fixed wing ASW aircraft that may spawn during the mission. I think its a min/max setting. Pretty sure it takes into account your difficulty settings too.

I do have to say that I spend a lot of time at 1000ft. Maybe I need to send up a beacon buoy?

**If they modeled one in the game, no one knows about it. Besides, the enemy can home in and find you and your buoy just as easily as your guys can.
1000ft should help keep you out of MAD range from a overflying ASW bird. That and a nice strong thermocline. Stay deep and use the silent running feature. If you watch the sonar comparison screen, the numbers showing how the enemy hears you will change when you activate silent running. They'll lose you a bit as your noise ratio drops and it may be enough for you to disappear.
Also, for what its worth when you're dodging torps just keep popping up and down above and below the thermocline at flank speed, releasing a noisemaker and/or form a knuckle as you do can really help confuse and lose a homing torp. If there is no thermocline for that particular mission, keep changing depth radically anyway. If I understand the file settings correctly I believe the vertical seeker is not as wide as the horizontal seeker and should help give you more leeway to evade.

Thanks!
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote