View Single Post
Old 11-09-17, 08:45 PM   #6
PANCAKEOFDOOMS
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCruise View Post
That is exactly what is suppose to happen when a satellite or patrol plane spots you. The word goes out and any ASW group in the area will steam to your position to attack.

I've seen up to 4 helo's and 1 or 2 fixed wing aircraft in the air around me at the same time on several occasions. It depends on the mission and what type of group you are up against. If it's a carrier group, you'll see more helo's. If it's a missile strike against a land target, you'll have helo's from the surface ships and land based ASW aircraft joining the party hunting you down. The smaller vanilla missions with only 2 or 3 ships won't have as many helo's in the air at once. They'll have one ready aircraft in the air and a 2nd helo usually at +5 or +30 on standby to launch when the 1st helo lands. I don't think it was common practice to have both up at the same time because when they both have to land they'll have a down period when no helo's are in the air at all. They would probably make sure they had constant coverage.
Never had a carrier group mission i know there in the files but i just never get them.
PANCAKEOFDOOMS is offline   Reply With Quote