View Single Post
Old 03-06-08, 03:48 PM   #61
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerritJ9
I strongly suspect that team GWX are already taking a long hard look at the U-Boat Expansion- after all, it is clear that SH3 development is dead and SH4 is the way to go. I only hope that any mod they make doesn't conflict with TM................

Oh, it goes without saying that the GWX "Skunkwerks" have not been idle. But i'll bet my bottom dollar that any mod they produce will not be compatible with TMO, or any other existing supermod. It's just the nature of large modpacks, they touch on so many files, in so many areas, that to make Large modpacks NOT conflict with each other, is virtually impossible.

It's also a safe that GWX will focus exclusively on the indian ocean (and later the atlantic proper), so uboat fans will most certainly have that choice. Eventaully,i think the bottom line here is i foresee one of two things happening. Either End users having to deactive one mod, and activate the other when they want to change campaigns, OR a duel install of the game if GWX follow stheir normal scheme of an executable that overwrites the existing game files and not use JSGME at all.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote