View Single Post
Old 10-18-17, 11:00 AM   #1543
tAKticool47
Bosun

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Future platforms?

Just wondering if there is any area where the RA folks discuss the mod and the future/playable platform possibilities?

What got my thinking up was my desire to play as an Arleigh Burke or even a Ticonderoga. It would be awesome to control those radars, sonars, guns, and VLS VLS VLS! So much awesomeness. However, I realize it would probably be impossible to develop that platform , simply too many weapon options and complexity to "mod into" the game as a new platform (I say this as a non-programmer type, maybe it would not be hard, who knows.)

HOWEVER, I did start thinking.... if it would be too hard to do the Aegis-type ships, the ZUMWALT-class might be eminently doable!

When you think about it, it wouldn't be much more different than the Udaloy they developed, albeit different. The Zumwalt would basically be a very very "stealthy" platform (I have read it has the radar return coefficient of a small fishing vessel, and is as quiet as a LA-class submarine, which is really a feat in itself -- with marked IR reductions as well) which should pose no problems for the programmers to "tune up" into the game... Plus, then it would be very simple for equipping it up... It would have two 155mm guns which would probably be easy to define a range, power of each shot's impact/damage, and accuracy ... and the VLS is pretty basic. It has 80 cells, with Tomahawk LAM (already a game option) and ESSM ( which is already in the game, not as a playable weapon, but already set up) ... and an MH-60R ( again, already in the system) .... Seems to me it would be fairly easy to tailor this into the game, and it would probably be a blast to play, very hard to see/hear, very very good sensors and ESM/ECM ability, and it would be fun to me to use the guns offensively, the TLAM strikes, and perhaps the ESSMs as your defensive/AAW suite.

Just something I thought about. I realize it would be probably close to impossible to add in an Aegis ship or an aircraft carrier ... but less-difficult but awesome platform like the Zumwalt might just be doable . (Dare I suggest a similar approach with the Littoral Combat Ships lol.)

Anyway, just throwing it out there.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote