View Single Post
Old 09-04-17, 04:59 PM   #15
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

I use VA for every game I play. Best $8 I ever spent on gaming.
"Doesn`t really work for me. Way too slow and barely understands anything."

The trick with VA to get started is to train it. Not only the introductory MS training, but the advanced as well. Few people know you can train it multiple times and each time it gets smarter.
The better the microphone and the closer it is to your mouth and carefully adjusting the recorded volume so it is both high and not distorted is vital to success. You also have to use spoken discipline and not slur your words or get lazy.

Avoid similar sounding words for different commands. Using multiple words instead helps greatly.

Another trick is to use the "OTHER" button to program in ignore and listen commands. Sometimes VA needs to be told to pay attention to your voice because it can stop doing that occasionally. A forced "listen" command (I use the word "execute") to tell VA to pay attention wakes it up when you think it's not working. Sometimes you need to talk on the phone, use PtoP chat or play with your child. An ignore command solved all this and the same command can be assigned to your push to talk button. I also use OTHER to program responses to my commands so I know VA has heard and interpreted correctly. You can install third party voice packs so you can have voices of famous people or movie characters respond to you. There is no limit.

VA can also trigger scripts and lists of sequences so very complex operations can be performed including running and controlling external programs while you're gaming, internet searches, looking for the best commodity prices while flying from one EliteDangerous station to another.
There is no limit. If your computer can do it, VA can control it.

If you can get past these understandings VA will become the most valuable gaming program and it's not limited to games.

For me, I play MANY games, sometimes switching between several a week. Keeping all the cheat sheets, HOTAS mappings, hotkeys, file table references is just too much. Using VA, I use similar commands to perform like features in all my games reducing the brain exceeding RAM crashes on my 64 year old mainframe. For those of you who have clever VA profiles you'd like to share, VA has an export file feature which you can give to people to import into their VA, learn from what you have done and customize it to their own preferences.
-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote