View Single Post
Old 11-01-14, 09:27 AM   #29
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-i-c- View Post
Can you point me to a war time picture which shows the color?

See, for example:

Corvette (?) at 0:19

Nearest Liberty Ship to the camera at 1:23

Tanker at 6:47

HMCS "St. Laurent" (H83) at 7:12

There are lots of very nice pictures here too; they seem to have left the rafts grey or painted them in the relatively flat green/blue/white colors of their camo scheme. The artist was not 100% sure of colors, but based on other sources his colors for HMS "Bluebell" are correct, so I think these drawings are trustworthy:

By the way, I really hope you do the older version of the Flower Class with the large enclosed bridge, like the first ship below (pennant K220) - I have never seen them in any WWII naval game since "Aces of the Deep". Maybe they could be scripted to go out of service gradually, as the type was modified? Anyways, great work.

http://www.cbrnp.com/RNP/Flower/PROFILE/Profiles-01.htm

HMS Borage K120

Another Flower fitted for minesweeping is HMS Borage. She, however, has the 'LL' (magnetic) minesweeping gear on the stern, and an 'acoustic hammer' on the bow. This was a bucket fitted to the end of of an A-frame which could be lowered into the water. A weight was dropped into the bucket setting off a load noise which it was hoped would detonate any acoustic mines in the area

HMS Pennywort K111
March 1942

iambecomelife is online   Reply With Quote