View Single Post
Old 02-23-19, 08:30 PM   #224
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Those first 4 bytes are in the ZHF files before the first extraction with Ref's tool. On the first extraction they are not there. If you save to ZHF then extract again? They are there.
That's exactly what happens to me too

Quote:
I'd think a slight mistake on Ref's part of course. Now the question is does that mistake show in Game?
I suspect no. I think that the possible mistake becomes evident when you want open the RAW file in photoshop, but I am not 100% sure; I need to check that.

Quote:
I suspect it's a magic header that is ignored or tells the engine to unzip the file.
Since we never use the unzipped version? We can just remove it for editing reasons.
Do you mean something added to the ZHF file whose remnants are found in the ouptput RAW file in the form of those extra bits? That seems unlikely to me, and I don't see the point of adding any header to those files, since the only reason for converting from ZHF to RAW is because RAW files can be edited in photoshop (but the supposed header would make the editing harder)

Quote:
I'll do some more research on the re-compression Ref's tool does and see if that is added to the files.
If it is? We many need to do a whole new tool to fix that issue.
ZHF is just a part of a compression library so should be easy enough to do.

What I will do is use a ZHF in stock SH4. Extract it then save again to ZHF and compare.
Okay, good idea, though as I said I keep psd copies of my working files with all the editing layers, and in SH5 there are only two stock ZHF files that we might need to edit.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote