View Single Post
Old 06-01-18, 11:13 PM   #6054
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
The flag stopped forward momentum, went high above the bow, and was the last thing to "sink", still way out of position. Bet you could fix that one!
Could it be that you did so much damage that you blew the flag mast off the boat? Maybe crazy game physics could account for it's motion once detached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
You don't state how far the depth gauges are off? If's it's 10 feet or so....no big deal. You have to remember something, the Stock game didn't even expect you to read the
gauges......especially the engine tachometers!! You couldn't move around the Command Room to even get a look at the things......not to mention read them.
Sorry about that. Here is a screenshot. I have selected 200 feet using the task bar depth indicator because it is the only one that will respond. The Tambor is at 200 feet in this image. As you can see, the middle dial shows 300 feet and the outer 2 read about 90 feet. And the tachometers stay at 150 rpm regardless of engine speed. I seem to recall all of these working correctly in v0.63, although the boat may not have been a Tambor. More likely a Balao. I seem to remember being able to click on the command deck depth dials and have the command followed. I sure do remember the tachs working because I would go have a look to see that I was at or below 100 rpm for stealthiness. The only way, that I am aware of, to check engine speed. Thanks for all the hard work guys! I can't wait to feel the suspense of an enemy torpedo bearing down on my boat.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA

Last edited by Immelmann; 06-01-18 at 11:35 PM.
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote