View Single Post
Old 04-12-18, 11:38 AM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Russia says they will sink ships, sink subs, shoot down aircraft. That's war.
Yes indeed.

I do not think somebody will command to start this, but I worrxy about accidental triggering of something messy. Because with so much military attention concentrated in such a small space, "messy accident" easily can lead to "full war - damn, where has this come from?"

Hope its worth it to the American public. To me, it is not.

I also miss a clear definition of the military objectives and their relevance for the US. Destroying Assad's chemical assets? If that is all it implies that killing civilians is tolerable, on the other hands, as long as carried out by artilllery shelling and barrel bombs only. How cynical is that then?

The Russians want Syria, and different to us they are ready to do all dirty job needed to make sure that they get it. Either we have the balls to confront them with all consequences that brings, or we should step aside. Again my question, what is our military objective that is so clearly defined and so valuable that it justifies to go head on with the Russians? So far, all I hear in the media about this is wishy-washy and sentimentality.