View Single Post
Old 07-02-17, 10:29 AM   #4843
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I'm just now getting around to downloading the "all-inclusive" (using the quintuply-patched previous version for comparing isn't advisable... ), and I'll try some stuff later this afternoon on the sub school. One question though - make that two questions... 1. were you "zoomed-in" looking at the sailors walking about? 2. which of the torpedo missions did you use, the 'easy' one or the 'difficult' one?
I was actually in the first patrol of a new career. with the difficulty set to "Realistic" and 75%. I don't use manual targeting or event camera, I do turn on the external camera, and I don't use the stabilized view. I feel that the career mode gives the most exposure to the variables one will encounter, especially in looking for "flaws". I used both a zoom and "normal" view in attempting the target id; sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but my anecdotal evidence is probably not worth much based on my most recent experience.

In my second patrol yesterday afternoon, I had much more success with the auto targeting function. For whatever reason, it let me find and identify targets at virtually all attempted ranges, including some much longer than I would have expected, and some where ships, although pretty close, were barely emerging from a fog bank. I'm going to stop bitching about it and declare it closed from my perspective. Probably not worth wasting your time on it.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote