View Single Post
Old 07-01-17, 10:46 PM   #4839
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
This capability will not be in the next release...v0.62 (which should be anytime now). Too much other testing to change units to suit these revelations....but we should be able to correct this long standing stock game issue of having ships unheard with manual hydrophone use.
I thank you, my Coastal Paddlewheel Steamer thanks you, and oh yeah. My Cutie MK27s thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
I wonder if any other hosting sites will follow suit?...
If photo...cough....extortobucket shows an increase in revenue as a result then you can bet on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
so those pics serve as tombstones for Photobucket
ROFL. Poetic Justice. And, hopefully, a profoundly prophetic statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dave J. Harper View Post
EDIT3:nevermind i clicked through the error then it poped 4-5 more and my game crashed soo idk whats up
Just a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) here, and a swing for the bleachers I know. But it occurs to me, at this point, that it is not at all impossible that you could have a corrupted downloaded copy of the FOTRS Ultimate mod. If I just kept hitting brick walls after carefully and precisely following all the well seasoned advice that can be found here then I would consider trying another download over a secure hardwired network connection. I don't know if you are downloading over Wi-Fi or Ethernet, but I would recommend the later most definitely for important file integrity. And even that is not a guarantee due to the vagaries of the internet connection itself. Both at your location and at the location of the server upon which the data is stored. Also, I would grab my file structure, in whole, from the Steam folder and park it somewhere else, ideally on a separate drive from my operating system and try running it from there. This is my old flight simulator experience talking here and I have found that this is beneficial for any game's performance. If no separate drive is available then most definitely a separate folder created on your single drive. Additonally there is Anti-Virus software to think about. Most good AV products have a setting available where you set it to not constantly scrutinize what is going on with your game .exe file and all the folder locations affected. Don't forget the My Documents location and also possibly (I'm kind of unsure on this) the App Data locations. This problem can be beat. You just need to implement a set of logical steps to win that fight. I hope this helps. My fingers are crossed for you.

Last edited by Immelmann; 07-01-17 at 11:40 PM.
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote