View Single Post
Old 01-21-12, 11:34 PM   #904
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Aye, currently a werewolf also, but I think I'm going to cure myself of it as I just don't use it that often. Character is more of a sneak based attacker so I think the vampire perks would work quite nicely.
Have been both. The werewolf is great due to the fact that there is no need to maintain yourself. You are not subject to forced transformations as you were in Bloodmoon, and you are a big furry ball of death in your beast mode. The only real drawbacks are the fact that you no longer get to use the Well Rested and Lover's Comfort mini-perks, and that you are vulnerable to silver and daedric weapons in beast mode. Frankly, it is a small price to pay.

Being a vampire is more complicated. You will need to feed in order to manage your vampirism. You grow stronger the longer you don't feed, but if you progress to stage 4 vampirism virtually all NPCs will attack you on sight, making it impossible to complete quests. Sunlight will not drain your health, but you will suffer some hefty penalties to your magicka, health and stamina reserves. None of them will regenerate in sunlight either, making it very difficult to travel during the day. You will have a 25% weakness to fire, making it difficult to fight most dragons at night, and rendering dragon combat during the day as paramount to suicide. On the plus side, you get a 25% bonus to sneak, illusion spell effectiveness and frost resistance.

Overall, playing as the werewolf is easier. You can use it or ignore it as you see fit. If you are a sneaky character, playing as a vampire will work well for you if you are prepared to do some management and plan your battles out to compensate for your weaknesses. As a notorious micro-manager in games and a guy who thinks that War in the Pacific is fun, I actually prefer playing as a vampire. It adds another layer of complexity to the game that I find enjoyable.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote