View Single Post
Old 08-01-09, 11:11 AM   #16
Zakalwe
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Well JD,

if anyone disagreeing with your opinion is a fan-boy in your regard, so be it.

I just wanted to point out, that you were not telling the truth when you said critizism is not tolerated on Gamesquad. This would IMO include Moderation and especially constant deleting of such things like you see it on several company owned game boards. Nothing like this happens on Gamesquad. If other users are disagreeing with yours and others view, well this is (virtual) life.

And again, BH has explained what influences gunnery numerous times. Smoke, sun, visibility, position of the directors on the ship, wind and what-not. He said that ships have a 3D interieur of armour, machinery, bulkheads etc. on which a AP shell could explode or not. He said that HE shells aren`t penetrating any serious armour. Could there be some finetuning at times? Of course. I especially have some doubts about the DDs, which IMO last too long at times. But if you`ve read Campbell, you got a pretty good idea, what a shell does and from what I`ve read from SES, they tried very hard to simulate these things. And it works not bad with ships like CLs and bigger.

I simply think it is very unfair to describe SES and especially BH like you did. As I said before, via email, PN and the ticket system I had several contacts with the guys and they for sure DO listen. Many many things we suggested back in the DG 1.0 days made its way into Jutland. Does it have still room for improvement? For sure. If your suggestion is reasonable, I bet it will be considered.

We (again) simply have to agree to disagree.

As for WitP,

well, if I only was interested one iota into that theatre. I haven`t even bought SH4 although it`s available for 10 € and if my Il-2 online squad is flying there, I take a vacation. Simply not my piece of cake.

Greets

Z.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote