View Single Post
Old 08-16-13, 01:37 PM   #163
hellfish6
Seaman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
In the hardcore simmers world, there are some distinctions to make.

That community is at least to be divided in half. One half being made up of simmers like you and the other half made up of gamers pretending and asking to be recognized as hardcore simmers when in fact they are buying and playing hardcore sims, in Arcade mode.

Such players are not committed to a simulation, but to an entertainment mode where they can blow the Crap up, in ways that seem to them REALISTIC, with all the Hollywood effects to feel like they were a "A LETHAL WARRIOR". They would meet up on line with their manned up bodies, play a Sim in Arcade mode and club AI baby seals, because "Force on Force" was too hard. Then brag about how good they were. I have seen it, experienced it in Tactical Gamers, SimHQ, etc... playing games such as Arma's, Steel Beast Pro pe, Swat 4, etc...

Hence, your DW manual did not interest them and never will. That is the acid test to separate the wheat from the chaff.

A real hardcore vet simmer, will still be a simmer tomorrow, a fake hardcore simmer will switch after a while to console gaming, anything that shines and easy to play.

The new gaming generation go for ease. Moreover, the ones attracted to sims, will have the same interests in simulation as their counterparts before. People wanting to be James Bond for an hour pretending to be a Hardcore simmers so their wives and kids will leave them alone "SIMULATING", and not have an imaginary stigma attached to "playing a computer game". Then, the other 1/2 that eat, breath the simulation of the complexity and operation of some technologies, and enjoy it.

The only difference today, is the availability of platform variation to play a game.

I have been a gamer for 20 years, and I have seen it and experienced it!
Sorry, but this is one of the dumbest posts I've read in a long time. It's hard to tell, as you write like a 12 year old (though, admittedly, with more proper grammar and spelling) but it seems to me that you're complaining about the people who don't dedicate their waking lives to games, which makes them less valid as consumers of entertainment in your eyes.

Who cares how a person plays a game? All good games allow players - be they super hard core because they prioritize that in their life; or others, who prioritize other things in life and can't invest the time to learn something at an operator-level of efficiency - play the game as they want to.

SH3 was a success because it catered to both. SH4 was almost there too. If everyone only ever made games for the die hard sim crowd, there would be no gamers today - just a extremely vocal minority of zealots who can never, collectively, be pleased.

Who are you to judge one way is the Right™ way to play a game, and the other way is the Wrong™ way? Congratulations - you have the time and energy to invest in something you paid $40 for and know intimately.

I have a job (which, by the way, has me deployed overseas doing the exact same thing most of you here are simming) and a family and a fairly active social life. I still like - nay, love - gaming. I just can't invest the time and effort into it that you do.

I don't care how many rivets a Type VIIC U-boat has. I don't care if it dives 0.25m per second slower than the real one does. I care that it looks like a sub, plays like a sub, and sinks things like a sub. And, yes, unless I cheat, it sinks like a damn sub too.

But obviously I'm the one wrong here and ruining it for everyone else that's a Real Hardcore Simmer™. Where's my Xbox?
hellfish6 is offline   Reply With Quote