View Single Post
Old 01-07-19, 12:05 PM   #7072
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
What is the problem with Type 93 61 cm (24") Torpedoes on surface ships they started using them in 1935? Almost all of the DD and Cruisers of the IJN ships who carried fish had them. They accounted for losses on the United States side of 11 cruisers, 11 destroyers, and one fleet aircraft carrier.

Nothing like dumbing down the mod huh? I really like those ships firing fish at me. It is fun.

Now The Type 95 53.3 cm (21") Torpedoes were assigned for IJN submarines boats.

Many times you only needed one Type 93 to sink a ship where as the Americans had lower yield warheads (357 lbs less) and needed more for each ship ... after they corrected their depth and detonation errors.

It was also very quick to reload for it's size and during the campaign for Guadalcanal Canal they became invaluable against of the American ships. It wasn't until 1943 that the Americans got to see a Type93 and exam it. The Americans had no equal to the Type 93 until 1945.
Oh and you forgot to mention that several Jap ships were sunk due to the oxygen igniting after the reloads had been hit by shell fire. I know all about the long lance, twice the warhead size of any fish in any other navy. 40,000 yard range.
J0313 is online   Reply With Quote