gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
It must be my deodorant (or lack of it) 😝
...or my bad sense of humor

I have news about night-triggered halo effects btw, and they are not good.
The ones who have read my previous posts, might remember that I suspected the existence of an hidden flag in the material controller, used for switching between two possible opacity sorting methods: "alpha test" (i.e. either fully opaque or fully transparent) or "alpha blend" (for shaded opacity masks). My hope was that, if I found this flag in SHIII materials, I could look for a similar offset in the texture map controller that must be used in conjunction with the CityLights controller, and I could set it to 'true' for enabling shaded night halo effects at night (and only at anight).
In short, what I have discovered is that there is not such a flag. The material chunk used for translucent objects in SHIII, is separate -though similar- from the regular material chunk. Differerences between the two types of material involve 7 offsets, but I coulnd't find the same sequence nowhere in the texture map material that I wanted to tweak.

That means no shaded light halos switching on only at nights and no lighthouse flares looking shinier at night than during the day, unless we find a way to use the city lights controller without 'texture map' materials
gap is offline   Reply With Quote