View Single Post
Old 03-15-10, 09:01 AM   #17
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coronas View Post
Great stuff.
NYGM 3.3 has a very realistic damage and flooding system in SH3.
Can be implemented in same way in SH5?
Filestructure is the same as before; what worked then will work now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
Hi!

Some help.... with the Goblin editor in the Sh5 root directory we can edit .sim and .zone files!
You just have to oben minimum 2 files with the goblin editor: 1 .gr2 file and 1 .zon file for example.

greetings
Han
Thanks, that opens up some new stuff.

I'll see if I can manage to put in more desired effects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHy View Post
Something like NYGM would be the perfect objective, but your work is a good step towards that! It makes playing the game worthwhile again, thank you for that.

Another bugger that you perhaps could target: Ships are almost always sinking along the length of the ship, they never "keel over" or even fall to the side...they almost always sink straight down, only a slight left-right-adjustment. Would be awesome to get more diversity here too. A torpedo running at 2m impact should cause severe list...
That's how this is intended; a rather crude solution, at least for the time being, on the way to a more complete solution. (not to say it doesn't work though)

Ships already list a good deal more than they did, but no capsizing yet. Think it would require additional boxes to be added to the model, specifically intended to cause the desired effect. Not sure I can manage that without a 3D editor.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote