View Single Post
Old 06-24-17, 08:47 PM   #10
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

They have found life on one of these Exoplanet....not advanced aliens life, more like the life we see here among our animals. That is what I believe they will find on one or more of these exoplanet(s)

Markus
Short of a signal detected by SETI, this (most very likely) won't happen in our lifetimes.

What we will probably see in our lifetimes is confirmation that the environment around an exoplanet must have complex organic life in it, as the atmosphere can only be explained by that.

I don't think it's possible (ever) to build a telescope with enough resolution to image individual wildlife on an exoplanet.

Most likely proof of exobiology will come from fossil evidence on Mars or Titan, or living samples from Titan, Encaldus, or Europa.

And of course, the infamous WOW! signal was recently solved. They figured out it came from a long period comet. Other comets of the same type give off almost the identical signal as they near the sun, and they figured out exactly which comet it came from. I'll find the link if I can, but I'm pretty sure it was on IFLS.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote