View Single Post
Old 01-31-08, 11:35 AM   #647
beartooth91
Loader

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

....trying to figure out how to weigh in on the lack of targets.
I run 2 different sets of mods: 1 machine has TM-1.7.5 and RSRDC v221. The other pc has RFB for ROW and RSRDC v241. On the RFB/RSRDC set; I did 3 war patrols in Silversides in early to mid 1942. On my 2nd patrol, in the Luzon Straights area, I sank 1 or two ships, then was ordered to head to the west side of the Phillipines south of Manilla. I never made it there because I ran out of torpedos before getting there - ended up sinking 8 ships, my best patrol yet. My 3rd war patrol was to the Aleutians. I've done several patrols up there and have never sighted a ship. On return, I was awarded the USS Balao and am currently on patrol west of Guam. I sank two ships there shortly after arriving. One was a large transport. I was then ordered to the Bismarck Sea area and bobbed up and down dodging aircraft contacts. Then ordered back to the area west of Guam where I chased 2 fast moving warship contacts in fog and rain and never got a shot. Those are my recent experiences. It **seems**, at times, there are a lack of contacts out there. Since I'm a submariner and WW2 sub historian; I'm ok with that from a historical feel standpoint. I just want to make sure there's not a problem with the tracks generating correctly.
beartooth91 is offline   Reply With Quote