View Single Post
Old 05-21-10, 11:40 AM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
It's my Pre PH Career mod that I'm trying to add pre-war patrols to. I'm trying to get the game to not load the regular war patrols when starting a career before Dec. 7th. For example, when based in Manila a couple of times I've been ordered to photo recon enemy carriers in Manila before the war's even started, not to mention the Japanese haven't even taken the city yet!

So I want my pre-war, probably just sailing around until the war starts, to be the only patrols to be used until the second patrol is started, which will be after the war has begun.

I'll probably include some war patrol type changes to the pre-war patrols using triggers for Dec. 7th and after, I just want to not be told to sink enemy ships and stuff before there's an enemy.

One other thing I'm hoping to do is include the PH attack in the game. The Jap task force is already modeled, so I thought about patrols north of Hawaii, where the sub might *accidentally* encounter it. Or more likely, a short patrol where you go out and do a few test dives, then come back in before the 7th. I think that would be cool to try shooting down some planes, like the Narwhal really did.

Thank you so much for the reply. I'll try them later today and see if that works.
Ok, if I am reading this right, you are not creating a new Career Start you are only changing the date of the one that exists. So in that case, in the Flotillas.upc and the PatrolObjectives.cfg change any "Startdate" that is set to NULL and give it a date of Dec 8. Except of course the ones you are creating.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote