View Single Post
Old 03-26-18, 01:23 PM   #92
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
No mod so far: just 3D meshes. Their structure can be customized depending on the need. In general, I like keeping my models for SHIII as "modular" as possible so that, if need be, I can re-use the same parts many times, without need of re-importing the every time
Let me give you an example of what I mean for "modular" models. Let's say that we are importing different throwers and DC marks in game. As long as we store them in the same file, there is no need that we import each DC model two times (one for the charge loaded on the thrower and one for the actual ammo depth charge): the same mesh can be linked both to the thrower model and to the DC ammo node. This approach will be very useful since your mod features different thrower and DC marks: using it we can create many combinations by still keeping file size acceptable. Moreover, by keeping the harbor mesh saparate from the DC mesh, we can do harbors to disappear once the DC enters in the water using the visible underwater render controller. I hope I am making myself clear...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote