View Single Post
Old 04-11-18, 03:16 PM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I'm not on the inside looking out, but I think Russia has already promised to do this and that they will not back down.

The Russians see this as a real testing opportunity to see if they can do well in this conflict in order to protect the mother land in a full scale war.

as in other recent skirmishes the USA has allies that agree the use of chemical weapons on your own population is wrong

The only thing that bothers me is who did it and why ... could it be a move to keep American armed forces in Syria? Like others have said why Syria did this doesn't add up. Yet it was missile and it was WMD chemical attack.

I don't think the news tomorrow is going to be good
Assad isn the most likela candidate, but I agree, he is not the only candidate out there. Could be Iran via Hezbollah. Could be any of the "pro-Western" "allied" LOL rebel factions (most of them being radical Islamists themselves). Could even be Turkey, though chances for that I consider to be extremely slim.

I rule out Israel, and Western states. A Kurdish faction I see as a very unlikely candidate, but theoretically possible.

Would the West care if those 500 gassed people would have been killed over the going of one or two weeks, in artillery explosions or more barrel bombs dropped from Syrian or Russian helicopters?