View Single Post
Old 11-28-18, 02:14 AM   #6
techsubdiver
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Yes when Sonalyst would return and announce a game I probably would loose my mind and declare the specific date to be the SCS day from now on.

The subsims with TMA I know come the ability to leave it to your crew. I´ve started modern subsims with Dangerous Waters without knowing much and used the AI assists from day one and it helped me alot to understand this game and submarine combat by observing the AI and I still use it as sometimes it just want to focus on commanding or sonars. Silent Hunter and manual solutions I use modded SH from day one without knowing much about doing solutions and also used the assists to do auto targeting and navigation and still use it to some degree. In my opinion getting into DW and SH is easier and more accessible than getting into Cold Waters, as CW comes with many specific game designs not being logical or obvious to common sense, using real world submarine tactics may even lead to a quicker death in this game. Accessibility is not contrary to realism and complexity as DW and SH show. In the opposite dumbing down a game into extreme doesn´t make it mandatory more accessible like Cold Waters shows

I still hope that modders may find means to modify CW. Hearing about something being "hardcoded" is also getting somewhat old as I heard it a thousand times in the SH and DW community until a smart modder came by and found a way to change it.

Last edited by techsubdiver; 11-28-18 at 02:30 AM.
techsubdiver is offline   Reply With Quote