View Single Post
Old 07-20-07, 04:24 PM   #5
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Okay Skybird, just for you, there is a demo of the Flight 1 ATR-72 (FSX variant) on the link below. As you'll see, the framerates can suffer a bit when things get busy, and I have kind of forced this a bit by doing some very un-airliner-like aerobatics with the thing. But, in fairness to Flight 1, when I made that little demo earlier, I had FSX on 1360x1024 resolution with lots of the graphics options turned up and most of the whistles and bells on my ATI PCI-x card on too.

Keep in mind that the Flight 1 ATR is a very sophisticated add on for FSX and FS9 (both versions are very similar, and if you buy one, you can download the other version for free). Flight 1's ATR was developed in close collaboration with the real ATR company, with one of the reasons for this being so ATR could use it as a marketing tool. Therefore Flight 1 had pretty much unprecedented access to the manufacturer's data and it shows in the product, which is very slick and accurate in almost every operational respect. Even the windscreen wipers clean the rain off the windshield in FS, for god's sake! But of course with all the calculations for such accuracy going on, it's true that it is a bit of a framerate hog.

Personally, I am prepared to accept the slight effect on framerates, as I regard it as the price of such sophistication, and of course I am never normally using the ATR at such speeds on approach to an airfield, or pulling silly low level rolls in the thing!

Link to my demo vid here:

Chock