View Single Post
Old 02-25-24, 08:36 AM   #11
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I use the exact same - had it for years now - bought for pennies in a thrift shop

And I'm always pleased to see folks saying good things about FS2 - the environment is indeed so much better than FS9, and I would often switch over to it to enjoy some guaranteed un-buggy sim flying with everything turned up to the max
The biggest trick to tearing down the hand controller is to put some cello (3M) tape over the thumb switch so it stays in place.
Once you have the hand controller rebuilt, just pull off the tape.

With FS2002, I still play it now and then but most of my time is in FS2004. FS2002 looks the best, IMO, at dawn, dusk, and night. I basically burned out in FS2002. I did a full "career mode" thing flying the Alphasim B-52's (back converted from FS9 to FS2002) out of Fairchild AFB and Andersen (Guam). The flight timing was a bear. I needed to get the wheels off the ground within 15 seconds of the planned time and I couldn't miss any waypoints by more than 1 minute or miss the "time on target" by more than 15 seconds.

I'm glad I did it, I learned a ton about what it was really like, but now I'm glad its over.

Now-a-days, I like finding oddball stuff for FS9. I was searching for several years to find an F-35C (carrier based variant) and finally found it several weeks ago in some old Abacus payware.
Otherwise, doing carrier landings (day and night) in FS9 is a blast.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote