View Single Post
Old 06-27-10, 05:43 PM   #54
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Channing View Post
Did you ever have one of those moments when it felt like a light bulb actually went on ? I gotta tell you... it's most gratifying!
I had a few when making the mod... if you think understanding how it works is difficult, try creating it in the first place .

Quote:
This is working perfectly!
Ruh-Roh!

Quote:
The only thing that could make this better would be if, when you sent the range and bearing to the TDC if it also put a mark on the Nav or Attack Map that corresponds to them. The only reason I think of this is that it is going to be pretty labour intensive moving from the map to the radar plotting the attack.

But, on the other hand, I can see where plotting the targets course far out an then positioning your boat for an intercept could become a really fun part of the process.
Well, the bearing and range you send to the TDC will be sent to the attack map, in the form of the X with white line. The X will be the point you 'plotted' and the white line will be the AoB (or target course) combined with target speed.

There was a part of this system that was the Dead Reckoning Tracer, which is just to the side of the TDC, where it was planned that it would display the last plot and your current plot 'Ttwo plot and spot', so you could adjust target course and speed, to get a rough manual estimate, but that's for the future.

Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to hear it's being used. I'd like to see some radar plots :-).

EDIT: Oh yes, as Hitman suggested, if you send a radar range and optical bearing, wait a few minutes and send another radar range and optical bearing, you can use the extimate course and speed buton to get a target course and speed (which will be accurate to within one knot and one degree of your measurements). Then you can use the TDC to refine the solution.