View Single Post
Old 07-29-15, 08:18 AM   #306
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrane View Post
Not to be a pain in the arse. If it is at all possible will your video include using the Stadimeter . I used quite a few videos to "learn" manual targeting. The 90 degree angle more or less works for me. Probably 95% of the time. Trying to use the stadimeter % goes way down to like 5% of the time. Either way definitely looking forward to your video. Thanks in advance.
Actually, that is my exact goal. This entire video will be centered around using the accursed stadimeter. The game doesn't have a proper stadimeter plot, which the real boats used to average out errors in stadimeter readings. We are left crippled as a result and it severely impacts quality of gameplay.

However the stadimeter can be used and I'm rehearsing its use now for several days, as I also tend not to use it. I don't identify ships because my normal targeting procedures don't require it. Conventional targeting with stadimeter is absolutely dependent on identification of your target. My TMOKeys mod includes a control-I command for "Exec, hows about identifying that target for me?" That way if I miss I can blame it on him.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote