View Single Post
Old 04-23-19, 07:52 PM   #23
larrysellars
Watch

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
One of my other complaints about Steam is that it automatically updates/patches my games and there does not seem to be a way to turn it off. I keep telling it to not update and to keep me offline, but I think there is code that keeps resetting it so I get game updates with no choice.

Really messes up things if you are playing a modded game.

Steam allows mods, they even have a download library, so knowing that people like to play with mods and knowing that when a game is updated a lot of the mods will cause the game to crash, why can't Steam offer a way of locking in games?

I am trying to play Civ6 and it keeps crashing because of all the updates that the modders have a hard time keeping up with.

I hate Steam
That's not Steam; that's the developers' choice. The recent Paradox games allow you to revert back to a previous version and stay there. I've seen other games do it, too. I just tried to revert Civ6, however, and there were no previous versions shown.

Although at one point Steam did allow you to opt out of updates, but I haven't seen that choice in a long time.

larrysellars is offline   Reply With Quote