View Single Post
Old 07-12-17, 07:12 AM   #193
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Yes, this is the final version, the light is flashing.
Exactly nine very quick flashes every 10s, with a short (darkness) pause at the end of the ten-seconds-long loop?

Quote:
The original texture was looking plain black in S3D, maybe it is a glitch.
Yep, don't trust S3d. I have noticed that it doesn't handle texture previews very well, especially when textures are not embedded.

Quote:
About the color, I would prefer something very dark grey, and not completly black.
This is exactly the way I set it. Dark grey, almost black, but not pitch black and with some (rusty) detail on it.

Can you please test this new version?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k4ae58...La_Plate_v3.7z

I have moved the light halo effect in the FX library file and renamed it so it will be easy to track it down when there will be many different light effects to choose from, restored the original texture for the top mark, and touched up the muddy layer on the lighthouse base so that now it looks lesser saturated and more brownish than greenish.

For the next version I will add the rocky base. I have changed mind on how to implement it, and I will set it as a separate object that you will have to place exactly in the same position/orientation as the lighthouse on top of it. Would you prefer me to set it as another unit, or as a terrain object?
There are pro's and con's involved with both options. Any thougths?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote