Thread: [WIP] Lighthouses mod
View Single Post
Old 08-29-17, 06:43 PM   #579
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

New "splitted" model imported in game, and damage boxes for each damageable sub-model added to the zon file. Everything looks fine in game.

I now need to create a few more new damage definitions for zones that are supposed to take damage but not to be destroyed, and I have to fine-tune zones/boxes/unit's hit points and armor levels.

The model will use two ObjectRemains controllers. One of them will be used for when the tower top is destroyed (it will be replaced by a rough concrete surface with protruding rebars that will cover the "hole" left by the destroyed model); the other controller will be used on the metal platform (its replacement model will feature only the three concrete cubes holding the platform and, maybe, portions of the metal poles sticking from the cubes).

@ Kendras:

I couldn't find any example of ObjectRemains being used in stock files. I know you have messed with it in the past, and finally got it to work. Could you please tell me all you know about its correct usage (type of file that it needs to be stored in, its position in the file/node structure, format of the field where you specify the replacement model, etc.)?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote