View Single Post
Old 12-11-11, 03:15 PM   #33
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I have just tested the new T-72M1, which now is playable and has a virtual 3D interior.

A nightmare! Compared to a Leopard-1A5DK (now coming with 3D interior and a new 3D HiRes vehicle model), almost primitive. The aiming procedure is time-consuming and primitive, the firing range is bad, the precision lacks, and poor handling. No secondary sights. Shooting at moving targets is - an aventure. A rolling coffin, I understand, and at eSim somebody said it was build with a life expectancy of firing ten shots before getting killed on mind, so what use to invest more into it... The IR (not to mix with thermal sights which the T-72 does not have...), only usable at night, has a usable range of maybe 300 meters or so. And it is so slow in reverse. It crawls.

I have argued in another thread that the Leopard-1 were totally superior. I now got an impression from handling, to what degree that superiority really made itself felt. Compared to the T-72, it apparently was rolling luxury, with fire control being superior in handling, and more precise fire over much greater range. Not to mention night battle.

Also had a first look at the other stuff that is in there. Very impressive upgrade this is, and some nice stuff for sure.

And then there is the firing procedure and sight separation in the Chally-2. At eSim they introduced the joke that the Challenger has a "distinctively British" fire control system. I now see the humour in that!

Good upgrade, very good package!