View Single Post
Old 03-15-10, 01:11 AM   #72
RAM22
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

First Post here. Hello everyone. I was surfing the web for dev info on Falcon and came across this thread.

Im on the FF Dev Team and just wanted to let you know, for those that are interested, that FF5.5 will be releasing soon.

It will be a OCI weighing in at about 825-850MB's. The Cockpits will have its own Installer. FF4 and FF5 had them combined for a d/l at approx. 1.2GB's. We decided to split them up for a quicker d/l if ppl are not interested in the pits or just want to get FF5.5 first and d/l the pit installer at their convienence. There are now in excess of 100 pits.

Its not the area I Dev, so I cant answer specific questions about 3D pits, I have some knowlege but it is limited. Of course the 2D cockpits are all fully clickable.

There is still only the Korean Theatre.

The Standard Korean Campaign has been totally 100% overhauled.

Because Im totally sure one of the first questions will be about stability, I'll go ahead and touch upon that. We believe we now have the most stable version of FF to date, I have been flying all the different test incarnations for the past 8 months and the difference btwn what I was flying in Aug09 and what I have flown the last wk is worlds apart. The freeze issue is minimal. I havent seen one in quite some time. There are still some stutter issues. Mainly due to the DX7 engine limitations with the modern systems we all are running Falcon on. Annoying stutters are pretty much confined to High Air Activity(Hint) and of course the FLOT.

As usual, FF5.5 is most stable on XP32. It will tolerate Vista but does not prefer W7. Although some have got it to work on W7. GPU's are a toss up, if you use nVidia, there is still the Munitions/TacRef corruption. Its a driver issue which we can do nothing about. Of course there are workarounds, like rolling back to the 169.xx drivers. FF5.5 will not run great on low end systems.

I'll bookmark this site and visit daily if there are any questions. I am most involved in the areas of Campaign Development and Database Management/Development, with my hands pretty much in any area I can involve myself with.

Take Care,

RAM22

Last edited by RAM22; 03-15-10 at 02:05 AM.
RAM22 is offline   Reply With Quote