View Single Post
Old 06-04-10, 06:59 AM   #23
Captain Nemo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Further to my earlier post, I can confirm that this mod is a great addition to SH3/GWX. I was stalking a convoy for a night surface attack (Sept 1940), the convoy was lightly defended by two Flower Corvettes and an Auxillary Cruiser. Fired two torpedoes at a medium tanker which hit and sunk it. No searchlights from the merchants only from the two corvettes. The forward corvette moved towards the rear of the convoy to join the other corvette in the hope of finding me there whilst I moved forward and sunk a large cargo. Steamed through the convoy lanes at full speed and used my stern torpedo on another large cargo also sending it to the bottom. However, to my surprise there was a small coastal merchant (if you have the Q Ship mod you will know what these are) in the adjacent column that illuminated me with his search lights and opened fire. Took some slight damage before crash diving to the depths. This mod works exactly how I expected it to, thank you schlechter pfennig.

Nemo

Sir John Slessor GCB, DSO, MC, DL
AOC-in-C Coastal Command RAF