View Single Post
Old 01-11-18, 11:58 AM   #9590
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Maybe I've been doing this wrong the whole time (as I re read the FAQs), but my normal Campaign Transfer usually works whether Im out to sea or in port. I always get the transition to happy times by getting a new base assignment to which I go...then get new orders.

Then something weird happened (at least to me). I'm returning to port on June 5th 1940, about 3 days still left out at sea, and I save the game but reload via the Main Menu (vs exiting the game and reloading like i've ALWAYS done). Anyway I reload from the main menu just to try it and it loads just fine. But a minute or so after the game loads (at sea) I come back from the kitchen and the screen is on the Campaign transfer screen (which I've never since since the start of the new career). I'm like "okay" and I choose happy times and hit continue. The next thing I know I'm transported to the bunker. Well this kind of freaks me out so I exit out of the game to read the FAQs to see if I missed something.

So long story short longer......My KSD Commander shows the Date is 6/15/40 with Transfer orders to France on 7/2/40 and shows current status as out on patrol (6/15/40) for a new patrol.

So some questions:

1. Is all of this normal?

2. If I reload the last save and when the Campaign Transfer screen comes up can I hit "exit" instead of "continue" so I can sail into port yet still get the transfer to work?

3. Do I just lose 10 days to make the transfer happen?

4. Why is KSD showing transfer orders to France before I would know about them....or before they are sent to me?

5. In my haste to figure out wtf was going on with the Campaign Transfer....I forgot to make a manual save in the bunker. Are Bunker Autosaves reliable?

6. Should I reload an earlier Manual save (6/5/40) before the Campaign Transfer initiated and try it again or will this screw the game up since it already initiated?
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote